For each Article/Birth Story Contribution:
- Please aim to keep your contribution word count between 1000 – 1500 words. Of course, it is fine if your words spill over (it happens! especially when writing your birth story). Use this word count as a guide. And please make sure all spelling and grammar are correct – maybe ask a friend to proofread it for you?
- There’s a chance I may need to edit your contribution prior to publication – generally from a spelling, grammar and punctuation perspective. If further editing is required, I will do my very best to agree any proposed changes with you before publication.
- We LOVE original content at the Rockstar Birth Magazine, however we are open to sharing contributions that have already been used online. If you are submitting existing content, please advise the website details where the content is already displayed so that we can include a credit to the original site.
- If you have a pregnancy/birth/motherhood-related business and would like to share your details, please provide your headshot photo (with credit if the image is professional), your logo, a 2-3 line bio, and clickable links to your website and 2-3 social media forums. We want to share the love!
- Please reserve all self-promotion to your bio space. This is the place to empower and and lift pregnant women with your heartfelt wisdom – please keep your content sales-free.
- All photography must be your own work, or you must have the artist’s permission to use it freely for commercial use. You must include the name of the artist as credit in your contribution. Unfortunately artwork or photography without specified credit cannot be used.
- When taking photographs to include with your contribution, please ensure they are clear, appropriate and at high-quality resolution (1Mb+ minimum). The Rockstar Birth Magazine reserves the right to edit and/or crop photographs if required (purely to fit in with formatting).
- You agree that all contributions and forms of media you submit are either 1) owned by yourself and you authorise Rockstar Birth Magazine to use them in this publication and on the Rockstar Birth Magazine website; or 2) are able to be used commercially for free, and Rockstar Birth Magazine is authorised to use them in this publication and on the Rockstar Birth Magazine website. We will not accept any responsibility for any copyright or ownership infringements made by contributors.
- You authorise the Rockstar Birth Magazine to include extracts from your article and/or your photographs to be shared on our Rockstar Birth social media (website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) as part of our efforts to broaden our reach.
- The Rockstar Birth Magazine reserves the right to re-publish contributions on the Rockstar Birth Magazine website at any time, giving credit to the author. By contributing an article or birth story, you also give Rockstar Birth Magazine permission to re-publish your work as part of a future publication, for example, print magazine or book. I would certainly seek to advise you in advance if this was to occur. And author credit would ALWAYS be given.
So are you ready to share a little Rockstar Birth Love? Here’s a quick form to help make it happen: